News and Events:
- NSL proud to launch its' newly designed website! - March 15, 2013
- NSL to Sponsor the 15th Annual Help a Child Smile Charity Bass Tournament! - March 11, 2013
- NSL to open its first ISL residence in Niagara Falls! - March 1, 2013
- NSL launches the NSL Pro-Team! - February 1, 2013
- NSL 2013 New-year's eve Party - December 31,2012
- NSL Residences full of Christmas Cheer! - December 20, 2012
- Lakeside Terrace, 2012 Halloween party a huge success! - November 1, 2012
Keep in Touch:
Due to a constant outpouring of generosity from the local communities we serve, we have set up this page to streamline the donation process. Staff and residents of Niagara Supportive Living thank you for your continued support!
Niagara Supportive Living does not receive any funding from any level of government or other agencies. Our Independent Supportive Living Homes are run solely on the rents we collect. The vast majority of clients we serve receive small pensions; therefore the rents they pay are in keeping with their income.
Any help that members of the community at large can provide is much needed and greatly appreciated!
We accept donations in the following categories:
Donations of time:Volunteers are always welcome and needed for assisting residents with transportation to medical appointments (Valid driver’s license and vehicle is required)
Financial Donations:This is the most appreciated of donations. Our staff will ensure that any financial donations are used to benefit the neediest of the clients we serve. Any generosities will be allocated to residents for Clothing, Day-programming, pharmacy and ambulance bills, basic necessities which they simply cannot afford. (Unfortunately, we are not a non-profit organization so receipts for tax-purposes cannot be issued).
Clothing:There is always a need for men’s and ladies clothing, either new or slightly used. Our residents’ thank-you!
Assistive Devices:On behalf of our residents who simply cannot afford the assistive devices they require to get through every-day life, there is always a great need for commodes, walkers, wheelchairs and power-scooters
Food (Corporate/business Donations):Nonperishable Food items, frozen items (unfortunately, cooked meals cannot be accepted as all of the meals we serve our residents must be prepared on premises).
Food (Community food donations):Nonperishable food items such as canned and boxed goods
Housewares:From time-to-time, our facilities require the following housewares: Kitchen-ware, eating utensils, drinking glasses & coffee cups (plastic tumbler type only)
- Single beds – mattresses and box springs only, (Sorry, we only accept new due to bed bug concerns!)
- Television sets – table models
- Night tables
- Dining room chairs (un-upholstered types - full sets only)
- Wall pictures (framed type only and of-course, in good taste!)
All donations must be forwarded through our administrative office. We would ask that items are not dropped off at any of our residential facilities. If you wish to make a donation, please call our office at 905-714-9517 and speak with our director or administrator or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
On behalf of our administrative staff, facility staff and most of all, our residents, we Thank-You!